The Camp's 80th-anniversary church service will take place on Sunday, October 9th, 2022, in the Main Tabernacle; all are welcome to come! There will be a Family-style dinner to follow in the Christian Center; tickets will go on sale for dinner in September.
We are also looking for Camp memorabilia to make a display with for the celebration; if you have something old from Camp (pictures, postcards, items etc.) or would like to help organize this display, please get in touch with our Camp Administrator Karen Bradbury at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a part of our celebrations, we want to hear from you about how Camp has impacted you and your family! We are asking if you would consider writing a short testimonial about how Sunset Point has made an impact on your life and the life of your family. These testimonials will be shared in various ways during our celebration on Sunday, October 9th and in our monthly newsletters during our 80th year. If you would like to share your testimony, go to https://form-can.keela.co/80-years-of-thankfulness
For further details and to book your tickets to the Ukrainian Feast Luncheon, click here https://bit.ly/3TmsYu0
The schedule of events are as follows;
Saturday, October 8th
- 6:00 P.M. Bonfire at the large fire pit on site with your camp staff, Karen & Gerald as your hosts (weather permitting). We will roast marshmallows and wieners. Also bring your instruments and your voices to join in a time of fellowship and singing.
Sunday, October 9th
- 10:30 A.M. Service at the Main Tabernacle. There will be a time of worship, testimonies and Pastor Gary Taitinger will be sharing the Word with us. Our theme for the service is Celebrating 80 years of Legacy & Impact. The service is open and free for all to attend.
- 12:00 P.M. Ukrainian Feast Luncheon to be held at the Christian Centre dining hall. Tickets are required to attend the luncheon and you can purchase tickets by clicking here [https://bit.ly/3TmsYu0]
- Camp History Walk, and a table with memorabilia including photos, family camp brochures etc., and, there will be a photo booth display set up to take your own photos.
- 3:00 - 8:00 P.M. Feel free to take a walk around camp, sit by the lake, play a round of Mini Golf, gather a group and play basketball in the gym, and/or play board games in the Fireside Room.
Check out our local restaurants for weekend breakfast and supper dining options.